MetroImma

An online community for Jewish moms

Voice (104)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Absence of Gratitude is the Source of Rabbinical Burnout

By: Rabbi Shmuley Boteach There was only one non-family member whom I highlighted under the Chupa of my daughter eight weeks ago. His name…

Started by MI Post

0 Dec 28, 2011

Christmas Envy?

By: Chana Jenny Weisberg How sweet to click on my new favorite parenting blog,Huffington Post’s Parents, and see that today’s lead article…

Started by MI Post

0 Dec 20, 2011

Giving Thanks

By: Chana Jenny Weisberg   A few days ago, an older woman knocked on my door and asked if she could see my home. She explained, a bit embar…

Started by MI Post

0 Dec 1, 2011

One Mother's Last Day Alive

By: Chana Jenny Weisberg   “I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I wan…

Started by MI Post

0 Nov 10, 2011

My Son, the Tasmanian Devil

By: Chana Jenny Weisberg   “Most parents with a child like Yoel would give him ritalin,” my doctor mentioned matter-of-factly, as though sh…

Started by MI Post

0 Oct 30, 2011

The Great Halloween Debate

By: Rabbi Eli Goodman   I know its origins aren't very "Jewish," but I'm worried that my kids will feel left out if they can't go trick-or-…

Started by MI Post

0 Oct 25, 2011

Keeping Our Mouths Shut

By: Judy Gruen   My husband and I are experimenting with a radical new parenting technique, one that we call, “Keeping Our Mouths Shut.” I…

Started by MI Post

0 Oct 19, 2011

Inspiration from Steve Jobs

By: Rabbi Pinchas Winston   When Rav Shach, zt"l, one of the Poskei HaDor until he died in 2001, came to address the Bais Midrash of Aish H…

Started by MI Post

0 Oct 6, 2011

America’s Growing Rage Against Tone-Deaf Government

By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach Read and comment on Huffington Post.   It is not just the Arabs who are having their spring. Here in the United St…

Started by MI Post

0 Sep 20, 2011

Questions No Mom Wants to Hear

By: Chana Jenny Weisberg I just saw this post on Circle of Moms about the most rude/overly personal/invasive questions strangers have asked…

Started by MI Post

1 Sep 13, 2011
Reply by Aliya

RSS

© 2014   Created by Metroimma.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service